Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What Will Kate Wear? Royal Wedding Gowns


Kate Middleton has vowed not to reveal anything about her dress before her wedding on April 29, 2011, but many have been speculating.  Rumor had it, British fashion designer Sophie Cranston designed a dress for Kate, but reps from her label, Libelula said it wasn't true.  There is another rumor that Kate actually designed the dress herself, with "ivory satin and lace with pearl buttons and a 10-foot train."  She has also included what is described as a ‘nod’ to the iconic Emanuel wedding dress worn by Lady Diana Spencer, but has avoided including any of its ‘flounce’. 



I think a gown fit for a queen should be very dramatic with a classic style.  People will remember this dress forever.  I've searched for pictures of what I think the dress may look like, but somehow I think they will pale in comparison to the actual dress.  Here are a few of my finds:




Elegant and classic, I think this would be a great choice.





I would love to see Kate wear something like this, but it may be a little "southern belle" for her.





This one is gorgeous with all of the beading and detail.  Plus, it would look great with a tiara!





This one is nice, but it reminds me a little of a (sexy) night gown.





This is the kind of dress I imagine when I think about a princess.  I love it.  It may be a little too sweet for Kate, though.




I love the details on the bust of this dress.  I imagine Kate's dress will have a lot of sparkle.



What kind of dress do you think Kate will be wearing on her big day?  I guess only time will tell. I have my dvr set up to record the event because I don't want to miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment